Monday, December 04, 2006

Free Emergency Contraception at Planned Parenthood

Memphis Regional Planned Parenthood is offering FREE emergency contraception this Wednesday!

Emergency contraception--also known as Plan B or the morning-after pill--can safely and effectively prevent pregnancy if taken within five days of unprotected sex.

Pick some up to keep at home in case a condom breaks, you miss a few birth control pills or you have unprotected sex for any other reason.

The health center will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday. No appointment necessary!

Memphis Regional Planned Parenthood is located at 1407 Union Ave., Suite 300, in the Mid-Memphis Tower, across from The Cupboard restaurant.

Thanks to Christie for the heads-up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brassmask said...

I'm all for people getting free contraception and applaud PP for helping women.

I must say though that I find the exclamation point usage here a little questionable.

A little more dignity in this sort of thing would go a long way in making it more acceptable to the right.

They opportunity for them to use this as some kind of propaganda may be irresistable. I can see posts on their side using words like "gleeful" and "excited" in connection with words like "killing".

Just a suggestion.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I understand your point, although I wish it were a moot one. I would rather spend my time informing the public and teaching them how to recognize propaganda than spend my time worrying about giving the propaganda artists more fodder for their deluded masses.

I tend to shy away from exclaimation points, but I copied this text directly from the Planned Parenthood email.

Oh, and just as an aside, any woman who has ever tried to make an appointment with her gynocologist would know that the second exclaimatin point (at the end of "No appointment necessary!") is completely justified.

Monday, December 11, 2006 1:04:00 PM  
Blogger Brassmask said...

I understand completely.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home