Thursday, August 17, 2006

Try This For a Moral Value: Sick People Should Be Cared For...

I can’t sleep. It’s now 4:30 in the morning. Seems like the perfect time for a rant, eh?

Strangely enough, I don’t talk politics all the time. That’s how I manage to actually have conservative friends, including the best man at my wedding, who is to the right of Genghis Kahn. I normally, don’t see any reason to bore or tick off non-political people. If they bring it up first though, all bets are off. During a recent discussion with one of these conservative friends, he challenged me to put my own positions up on my blog so he could tell me where I was horribly wrong. I’m not sure I’m anywhere near at the top of my intellect at the moment, but I thought I’d take him on the challenge over the next few days. Today’s issue: health care.

"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MORE

Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy.--Wendell Berry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home