Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Today in the CA

The lovely Miss Pam and I both have letters to the editor in today’s Commercial Appeal about the attacks on Steve Cohen that masqueraded as a cover story on July 31. Some edits were made (Including correcting a grammatical goof of mine; I have to take my hat off to them for that), most notably some of my criticisms of the paper itself. I do think those criticisms are well deserved, and I find it telling that among the excised portions is the sentence where I mentioned their writer, Ms. Abdullah, by name. Is there something there they're trying to make people forget about?

Still, I have to take my hat off to them for promptly allowing us to respond.Anyway, click here to see them as they ran in the paper, then click here to see what we actually wrote.

MORE

2 Comments:

Blogger autoegocrat said...

In spite of the lack of the specific quote on Abdullah, those were some excellent, taxtbook, exemplaty LTEs.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:02:00 PM  
Blogger Freedonian said...

Thank you, Auto. I'm just thinking it's pretty cool that they ran on the same day.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home