Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Black guy, a White Guy, and a Jewish Guy Walk Into a Bar...

I don't read Thaddeus Matthews often enough. This weekend, I decided I wanted to do something about that, so I sat down today and started going through the archives.

One of the first posts to catch my eye, for obvious reasons was a question: Should Nikki Tinker continue as a write-in candidate?

Obviously, my answer is a resounding "No". Her platform had less substance than the bowel movement of a tourist in Mexico that wasn't listening when you said "Don't drink the water".

But what disturbs me about it so much isn't that it's a question at all. There have been campaigns run with less substance than hers before (Although I'm hard pressed to name them). What disturbs me is scrolling down into the comments on Thaddeus's blog and still seeing people respond with the tired old meme that a Jewish man cannot represent black voters.

MORE...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Mike said...

What are the chances that the Shelby County Democratic Party (or similar local organizations...?) would endorse the Vote No on 1 initiative?

Monday, August 14, 2006 1:58:00 AM  
Anonymous mike said...

anybody?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I am for it.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:04:00 AM  
Blogger autoegocrat said...

Take that to either LWC or WTL. They are both on the Executive Committee.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger LeftWingCracker said...

Just Mr. Holt, I have been off the ExecCom since 2003....

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home