Monday, July 24, 2006

Reminders & Requests


Jim Maynard is on fire. And no, that's not a "flaming" joke, it's a simple statement of fact. He's got an issue in gay marriage, and he's hitting it as hard and as often as he can. Good, this is a major civil rights issue that needs constant attention.

That said, I'm also concerned that a lack of diverse postings from our fellow Cue boggers (Your PeskyFly being the most delinquent of them all of late) sometimes makes this seem a bit like a single issue blog from a bunch of single issue lefties, which certainly isn't the case here. Still, if we're not careful, readers who come here looking for a variety of content, and various--sometimes conflicting--liberal thought may drop us from their daily rounds. Even likeminded political junkies can overdose on any given issue, and given our GM advocate's prolific nature, it's about time to break out the stomach pumps.

Should Jim post less? I don't think so, though it does bother me sometimes that back to back posts don't always contain fresh content or opinion. But all of us-- myself especially-- need to do a better job of crossposting and bringing diverse content to the table. We can't leave it all up to Jimbo and the amazing Wintermute.

C'mon kids. The left's a big, BIG place. Let's roam.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Maynard said...

Sorry, I was on fire this weekend, and Had to fire one more shot at HFJr before the election..
I noticed the other blogs have been dead this weekend, guess some people have lives outside of the internet..
I'll back off now and focus on helping Steve Cohen and candidates who have a real chance to win.
Check my blog for anything new...
Queer Notes

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger PeskyFly said...

Jim, I'm totally serious--- keep burning bright. We just need to catch up witcha.

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Brassmask said...

I concur.

If no one else can post, it's best that Jim do it as much as he wants.

I'll try to do better.

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Maynard said...

If I say so myself, I thought my "Which Side is Harold Ford On?" was brilliant.. too bad I can't make a TV or radio ad out of it:)

JM
Queer Guy

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger David Holt said...

Change your last name to Ford and the money will pour in. Then you can run all the ads you want. :-)

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home