Monday, July 17, 2006

Random Thought

Going about my usual business, plotting again the Bush administration and whatnot, I had a random though about the whole gay marriage issue.

See, I work for a divorce trial lawyer. We regularly get unsolicited mail from this lobbying organization that represents trial lawyers in the whole “Frivolous Lawsuit Limitation Crap Act.” Nice folks actually. They are well organized and dead on point on the subject –or so I’ve heard from lawyers from all sides of the political spectrum. They seem to exert sufficient pressure on Congress –at least enough to keep them at bay – and they seem to accomplish quite a lot through this organization.

And then it just occurred to me: Why haven’t divorce lawyers organized lobbying efforts in support of gay marriage?

If anything, there is an untapped market full of opportunity right there. Or as I like to put it: job security….

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Maynard said...

From my experience and observation as a gay male, if "gay marriage" becomes legal, the divorce lawyers will be richly rewarded...

Personally, I'm not too thrilled by the institution of marriage, you straight people can't seem to get it to work most of the time... but I think gay people should have the same right to screw up their lives as st8 people.

But don't tell the anti-gay marriage folks..

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I am right there with you Jim!! 100%

Monday, July 17, 2006 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger PeskyFly said...

When I interviewed John Waters he said he'd like to invest in Gay Divorce and tattoo removal.

Monday, July 17, 2006 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Wintermute said...

I can see no one has read my old posts Gay Marriage and Lesbian Litigation.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:47:00 AM  
Blogger Wintermute said...

Here's another one:

"Lesbian couple in same-sex marriage lawsuit now separated"

Friday, July 21, 2006 3:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home