Monday, July 31, 2006

The Bully Pulpit of Bigotry

Pesky Fly beat me to the punch on this one and put up a remarkable post.  As far as I’m concerned, the word “Fucktard” is now the sole property of the bloggers at The Flypaper Theory.  I’ve edited it out of the few posts where I’ve used it, replacing it with “asshead”.  I’m content with that.  Anyway, check out the preeminent, primo Pesky and then join me back here, because as you might have guessed, I’ve got a thing or two to say about this too.

Just before I left for work this morning, a good friend hit the Freedonian mailbag and gave me a head’s up about an article in the CA.  It’s long been my second favorite local publication; I like actual reporters, and you can’t beat the Memphis Flyer for reporting.  The Commercial Appeal has devolved into a stenography pool and Wendi Thomas.

But never did I expect them to become a dictation forum for panderers to the lowest denominator.

From this morning’s cover story:

Over the last weeks, several African-American groups and candidates have roundly criticized Cohen for joking that his voting record makes him seem like a "black woman" and for his statement that he would ask to join the Congressional Black Caucus if elected.
"He thinks he's going to go in there and trick the CBC," said Julian Bolton, who has questioned if, as a Jew, Cohen can best represent a largely Christian district. "He thinks they'd be honored to have him. The only reason he wants to join is that he wants to get money for Israel."
MORE…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHECK OUT FREEDONIAN OR WEST TN LIBERAL OR PESKY FOR THE LATEST ON THE TABLOID JOURNALISM OF THE CA

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home