Wednesday, June 28, 2006

He Wrote a Letter

Yesterday, I sent an email to JB Rabinowitz regarding the withdrawal of Tyson Pratcher from the 9th district race. I identified myself as a pesky blogger, so maybe that's why he hasn't responded yet.

Anyway, here's my letter. Crossposting at the flyblog.

In his announcement, Mr. Pratcher says something that I hope you will clear up for me.

He says, "I encourage others in the race who shares a common vision for the future to join me in a meaningful discussion in the coming weeks about which candidate is in the best position to end the politics of the past, and unite behind that candidate and work with me to help get that man or woman elected."

I feel this is something the voters are supposed to do. It's called a primary and its where we choose the best candidate to go up against the Republican candidate. Is Mr. Pratcher against this basic democratic function, prefering to have party insiders choose what's best for Memphis Democrats? Or am I misreading his statement? Because as a Democratic voter, I was looking forward to a choice, and a competition of ideas and messages this August, not another diktat from the Chuck Schumer wing of the Democratic party.

2 Comments:

Anonymous sharon said...

who's J B Rabinowitz?

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of months ago, Roberto Ramirez, chief strategist for the presidential bid of Reverend Al Sharpton, told the Forward that the civil rights leader would be asking for contributions from the Jewish community, confidently predicting that Sharpton would find “a wealth of support” among progressive Jews. A glance at Sharpton’s filing shows that among the 87 contributors who gave to him in the first quarter, three have what look like Jewish surnames. That’s a greater percentage of Jews than in the general population, but fewer than in the average batch of Democratic contributors. Ramirez was right, however, that those Jews would be left-leaning. Asked why he gave $1,000 to Sharpton, Manhattan political operative J.B. Rabinowitz, said, “While I don’t think he has all the right answers, he’s keeping the party to the left, which is what we need to win elections.”

Sunday, February 15, 2009 9:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home